Level 2 Unit 2 Lesson05: You Did?
By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Identify and use the simple past of irregular verbs in affirmative sentences, with all pronouns.
- Use the phrase «You did?» to show interest in a conversation.
- Identify specific information in a written text about important historical events.
Some Interesting Dates in the History of Mexico
Here are some interesting dates in the history of Mexico. Read them; then, download the pdf file, and follow the instructions.
- Mexico’s Independence started in 1810 and finished in 1821.
- Mexico’s first president was Guadalupe Victoria.
- In 1846, there was a war between Mexico and the United States over Texas.
- In 1864, Emperor Maximilian arrived in Mexico with his wife Charlotte.
- In 1877 Porfirio Díaz’s first presidential period started. He was in power a total of 30 years, 3 months and 20 days.
- The Mexican Revolution started in 1910, but there is no real consensus about when it finished. Some people say it finished in 1917, while other say it lasted until 1924.