Level 2 Unit 1 Lesson09: The City That I Like the Most
Al término de esta sesión, los estudiantes podrán:
- Emplear la forma correcta para dar respuestas cortas en presente simple, presente progresivo y el presente y pasado del verbo to be.
- Ampliar su vocabulario de verbos relativos a actividades culturales y recreativas:
Going camping/fishing/ biking/hiking, climbing, etc.
Watching a play/film
Reading a novel/short story/essay/newspaper article/Blog entry
In-class Discussion: Boston and Beijing
Watch the following video that contrasts Boston and Beijing.
Then, discuss with your classmates the differences you find and which city you like better.
Writing Assignment: Contrasting Cities
Tepoztlán is one of the over one hundred magical towns in Mexico. It is located next to the Cerro del Tepozteco in the state of Morelos. Many people from Mexico City go there on the weekend because among its many attractions there is a huge street market where they sell all kinds of handicrafts. Tepoztlán’s Ex-Convent dates back to 1580 and is one of the oldest buildings in our country. Would you like to visit it?
León is a very important industrial city in central Mexico. It has a lot of industries that offer jobs to many people from all over the country. It is a modern and vibrant city. Every year in November they have the International Baloon Festival that attracts people from all over the world. Would you like to fly a hot air baloon?
Write a short composition (3-4 paragraphs) contrasting Tepoztlán, León, and your city or community. Please, answer the following questions:
1. Which of the three is the most interesting for you and why.
2. Which of the three attracts more tourists and why.
3. Why of the three you like the most and why.
Include photos. Then, share it with your friends and classmates.